SBLi is the latest in interactive educational software and is based on Problem Based Learning (PBL).
- Challenges students to learn through engagement in a real problem
- Develops problem solving skills through case studies
PBL is an educational approach that is particularly designed for active self-directed learners and aims to enable students to discover and learn for themselves.
Aims of PBL
The aims of PBL are to develop the students' competency in a number of skills which will be important in their professional life:
- Self-directed learning
- Small group learning
- Critical thinking skills
- Integration of different parts of the curriculum
PBL incorporates a number of underlying principles:
- The development of analytical and creative thinking skills
- The encouragement of co-operative learning
- The development of self-directed learning ability
- The integrated application of knowledge and skills within practice