To get the best out of SBLi we offer Introductory and Advanced training on how to use the software. SBLi training courses provide:
- The technical competency required to build and use SBLi scenarios
- An understanding of the learning experience gained by interacting with scenarios
- An understanding of the pedagogy behind Problem Based Learning (PBL) and Enquiry Based Learning
This course introduces the attendee to the basic concepts required to understand creating and delivering SBLi scenarios. Participants will gain hands-on experience in using the SBLi Builder to produce a multimedia scenario.
The Introduction Course emphasises acquiring skills to use the software and demonstrates specific features of SBLi. This course will enable participants to:
- Understand problem based learning pedagogy
- The process of facilitating a PBL curriculum in the classroom
- Understand the basic features of scenario development
- Understand the difference between SBLi® Builder and SBLi® Player
- Create and deliver SBLi learning scenarios
The purpose of the Advanced Course is to build upon the knowledge attained in the Introduction Course. It will provide participants with a greater understanding on how to improve their educational outcomes and how to challenge students to learn, through engagement in real-world multimedia enhanced interactive education.
Participants learn: advanced scenario development techniques; planning your scenario via story boarding and script writing; and they are introduced to SBLi Server functionality.
This course will enable participants to:
- Design a pedagogically sound SBLi scenario
- Understand the steps in SBLi scenario development
- Story board and write scripts for scenario development
- Use advanced scenario development techniques and SBLi features
- Be familiar with SBLi Server functionality
Developer and System Administrator Courses
Further Training Available for Developers and System Administrators on demand. These include:
- SBLi Server Installation - Setting Up the Server
- SBLi Server Management - User group management, Scenario management, user progress logs
For more information on SBLi training and Courses please contact us.